Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Grey Day

While walking to my special spot which is slightly hidden by a tree, I hear someone saying: "Anything is possible!" A German accent, a woman, a voice, a message. Yes it's true, anything is possible. 

Today is a grey day, rain is predicted, I sit with the ocean as my companion, salt up my nose, a gentle wind on my face and every now and then a teasing raindrop on my head saying: "Should I, shouldn't I?"
The tide is coming in and the noise of the waves splish-splashing against the rocks is getting louder, seemingly begging me to notice them.

The occasional walker passes by and I know that if I look up from my writing I will get a 'hi' or 'good morning' but being the unsocialbe being that I am I rather let them pass but take a quick look when they have. People here are very friendly, simple and lovely. I love that they don't dress up, I love that they greet me, I love their child-like naivete, I love that they bring their sammies in an ice cream tub to enjoy on the beach, or in their car or on a bench, watching the sea. There is no worry here about what others will think. They are wholly who they are and are not ashamed or shy to be just that and nothing else.

I feel I belong.
I feel accepted.
I am happy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment